Our History

In September of 2002, Toney Salva and his family accepted the challenge to move to Cranberry Township to organize a new church for this growing area. In just a few short years, Discovery Christian Church has grown from a handful of people meeting on the Salva’s deck in the summer to hundreds of people celebrating together every weekend. God has amazed us every step of the way.

Discovery launched its first service for the public on September 21st, 2003, at the Cranberry 8 Carmike Cinema. At the movie theater, Discovery quickly became one of the fastest growing congregations in western PA.

In October of 2005, Discovery moved its Sunday morning services to the Regional Learning Alliance at Cranberry Woods after outgrowing the space at Carmike Cinema.

In October of 2006, Discovery began serving both the northern suburbs and the city of Pittsburgh by launching multiple campuses.

In October of 2010, Discovery launched a daughter church in the South Hills.  The Hills Church is located in Upper St. Clair.                                            

Our hope is to continue to increase our sphere of influence in western PA while constantly looking for ways to remain an intimate community  that serves the region for decades to come.

The Regional Learning Alliance • 850 Cranberry Woods Drive • Cranberry Township, PA 16066 • (724) 779-1010